sábado, 16 de septiembre de 2017

33.-OH LORD, WHY LORD. Pop Tops. 1968


OH LORD, WHY LORD

I've searched the open sky,
to find a reason why,
Oh Lord, why Lord.
The color of my skin,
is said to be an awful sin
Oh Lord, why Lord.

No I cannot understand,
no I'll never never understand,
Oh Lord, why Lord.
I've got to live and live, and give,
much more than I can give,
Oh Lord, Lord.

In this world, you made so sacred,
I only find problems and hatred,
I just can't seem to find any place,
my every move is so unsafe,

Why this long and bitter strife,
must go on for equal rights,
Why can't there be some harmony,
instead of constant agony.
I just can't help but cry,
for the tears won't stay inside

I feel the weight, of their everlasting hate,
yet I still live with hope and faith,
I wear the chains,
but nothing ever seems to change

I ask no special kindness,
I ask not for a crown.
I only ask, for some justice Lord,
to restore what's right from wrong.
So now you've learned my sadness,
in a story and a song.

Oh Lord, why Lord.




No hay comentarios: